Plenty of good things have been happening and I'm trying to savor it all! I can't believe I only have practically two months left in France! Planning on coming home at the end of May. It will be the right time I think. So I'm torn because I'm very attached to France, but also ready to come home too, many mixed emotions.
I saw the French version of Dom Juan at the University of Nantes theater. Having read the play in class and seen the opera version, I find it really funny at times and I love the way they played in a 60-70s style setting. It was so unexpected and I thought it worked well. I find my French theater literature class one of the most interesting, but also difficult (like my high school AP English class, but in French!)
Last night I finally saw a French soccer match between FC Nantes and Evian and Nantes won!! I miss watching the Portland timbers though, but FC Nantes had its own army! Not to mention how fun it was discussing soccer, Brazil, religion, and the World Cup with my friend, Amanda. All those subjects go so well together! I had no idea how much of a rivalry there is between Argentina and Brazil.
Today I will be going to see the film Selma with friends. Glad to see it in it's original version, wasn't looking forward to seeing MLK with a French dub. Enjoying life & learning. Not surprised to hear my host father say I speak with an English accent in French, skipping the r's. I'd rather that than a strong American accent, but I've learned it's best not to obsess about it. The most important thing is being well understood. Time here has brought so much perspective. I love the feeling of just living here without all the ups and downs of last semester.
Last night I finally saw a French soccer match between FC Nantes and Evian and Nantes won!! I miss watching the Portland timbers though, but FC Nantes had its own army! Not to mention how fun it was discussing soccer, Brazil, religion, and the World Cup with my friend, Amanda. All those subjects go so well together! I had no idea how much of a rivalry there is between Argentina and Brazil.
Today I will be going to see the film Selma with friends. Glad to see it in it's original version, wasn't looking forward to seeing MLK with a French dub. Enjoying life & learning. Not surprised to hear my host father say I speak with an English accent in French, skipping the r's. I'd rather that than a strong American accent, but I've learned it's best not to obsess about it. The most important thing is being well understood. Time here has brought so much perspective. I love the feeling of just living here without all the ups and downs of last semester.
Gail and me at Prefailles
Pornic
Gail hiding in a German bunker
The cathedral St. Pierre of Nantes
No comments:
Post a Comment