Wednesday, March 4, 2015

March 4, 2015

I cannot believe it's already March! Not to mention I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with French keyboards since I have been using them all the time now for homework. As a whole I am so much more happier this semester and strolling around Nantes soaking up the sun was such a reminder of all this. I love this town, where I am, and the new friends I have made. It really has felt like a fresh start this semester. I was at Préfailles last weekend with my host family and my friend, Amanda. Unfortunately it was pretty rainy and misty, but calming known the less. I feel way less stressed about work whenever I am near the ocean. I will be going again this weekend and my friend, Gail will be joining me.

I am incredibly grateful to my new host family for allowing me to continue to feel welcome in their home. And the best part is, I get to spend way more time with them. Yesterday evening, I went and saw a beautiful French film set in Mongolia called La Dernière Loupe, The Last Wolf, with my host mom and one of her friends. They are doing a lot of organizing before my host father, Noel leaves March 16 on route toward the Santiago del Compostella. My host mom will join him after my program ends early May. I'm more ready to return home than I ever was last semester. I am more looking forward to it, especially being in Portland during the summer. The sun is having a really positive effect as well here!

Plus I found a bookstore just like Powell's in Nantes where there are sold books and used ones that are really cheap. I still love wandering around Nantes and just getting lost a little, keeping things spontaneous. I am kept very busy with my classes, but I am glad to be so genuinely happy.



 With mon amie, Amanda



 Préfailles beach, courtesy of Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment