Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January 7, 2015

Very, very happy and grateful to be spending time with the Bouchacourts again. It's a blessing to continue to feel welcome in their home and catch up with them. Châteaubourg will always be special to me. It was the first town where I really experienced France, the culture, and the language. It's crazy looking back knowing that when I first stayed with them in high school I only could speak French in the present and past tense. Now it's become so much easier. Yes, I still make mistakes, but it takes less effort to speak it and I no longer get headaches from speaking it so much. When I spend time with them, I can see how my French is, rather than worry about being graded on it with classes at IES. They were the best first host family experience I could ever have and have been one of the reasons for continuing to come back to France.







Walking around Châteaubourg today, I was reminded of a quote I really like from Nelson Mandela: "There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered."

Visited Vitré again for a little bit. It was the first time I got to visit the inside of the Cathedrale Notre Dame de Vitré, which was really lovely. 




 Two favorite saints together


It was fun spending some time with Geneviève today in between her dance class. She still can't believe I have no cousins since she has a big family and it was funny explaining to her my family tree. She's like a sister to me and of course a friend, so it's always wonderful catching up with her.



No comments:

Post a Comment