Chandra and I went to one of our favorite past spots Tabl'o Gourmand fior brunch, but of course in France that means a small dish of eggs, bacon, and of course lots of bread! I'm looking forward to my bread intake plummeting when I'm back in the U.S. and going back to eating more vegetables like before.
Then we definitely burned off all that bread from a long walk around the university campus, along the river l'Erdre, and spending time visiting le Parc Floral de la Beaujoire, a hidden treasure I came across in Nantes a little more off the beaten path. So much so, I had to ask for directions from a couple how to find the tram line so we wouldn't have to walk all the way back. Le Parc Floral reminds of me of the Hoyt Aboretum in Portland, or parts of Winterthur gardens. The parks have been some of my favorite parts of living in Nantes, wonderful for sketching, walking, running, photo shoots, or time exploring.
With Chandra at L'ile de Versailles
Visiting the Parc Floral de la Beaujoire
I'm so glad to have met Chandra. It's certainly been a day well spent with a good friend. It's been amazing meeting so many different people abroad and I love that we all had to meet in France to find each other. Everything has been very nostalgic and bittersweet these past few days. It's been hard to say goodbye.
May 8th is la FĂȘte de la Victoire where France celebrates the end of WWII
Love European style shoes
Cathedral St. Pierre de Nantes
L'ile des Machines
No comments:
Post a Comment