Sunday, September 11, 2016

September 10, 2016

It was great meeting up with François yesterday afternoon and finally having the time to explore more of Toulouse. There are many museums I still want to visit, but I'm going to wait until next weekend, which is called Le Patrimoine when all the museums are open to the public for free to take advantage of these sites. Toulouse is such a bigger city than Nantes as it is the capital of France's southern Midi-Pyrenée region. I am very happy to have a friend here who happens to be a local and finally have the day reserved for speaking in French and occasionally Franglish.

 Hôtel Dieu
 (historically used as a residence 
for citizens with leprosy during the war)

 Musée des Jacobins 



First, François showed the different bridges that cross Le Garonne river that links to the Mediterranean Sea. I love river towns and there are plenty of pathways along Le Garonne to walk, bike, and relax. As a way to relax from the hot weather, we went to a café, enjoyed Coca Cola's with good conversation. It was a very relaxing outing and a good break from the busyness of my weekly schedule. I learned more about using the métro in Toulouse to get to the Capitole, or the center of town, which is certainly the busiest. I also know where to buy good quality shoes since my sandals are starting to fall apart.

 We both agree, we prefer this cute car!




 Dôme de la Grave
 View towards the bridge Pont St. Pierre

Musée des Augustins

François offered some guide pamphlets about Toulouse and some good restaurant recommendations, including one that serves Sangrias (we are close to Spain after all!). He also took me to some places a bit more off the beaten path, which included a lovely park that had a serene Japanese Garden. Later that evening, we went out for crêpes since I got hungry really fast! Around the Capitole (town square plaza), there are plenty of restaurants, shops, and cafés that remind me of Le Quartier Bouffay in Nantes. I couldn't get enough of the architecture, especially the balconies. I wonder how New Orleans compares!

The park Jardin Compans-Caffarelli

The Japanese Garden 


 A very Parisian-like part of town





A delicious crêpe with Toulousaine sausage and cider


No comments:

Post a Comment