I think my English vocabulary is becoming more rich than my French vocabulary at the moment. The TEFL course will be very intense with the first class going from 9h to 19h (7:00pm) today. We will have two afternoons per week where we can leave early at 16h (4:00pm). It's going to be a very intensive course, but I am already learning so much on teaching English. I see many of my past mistakes attempting to teach English without the training, but it is giving me a greater appreciation for my mother tongue.
University building of Toulouse
A lovely view from the Jardin des Plantes
This amazing, big, Roman-like gate
to the Jardin des Plantes
right across the street from TEFL Toulouse
The best part is meeting all my fellow TEFL trainees, which include a variety of Americans, British students including one French woman, Danish man, Turkish woman, and Irishman. Hearing all the British accents causes me to sometimes slip into one unconsciously, but I'm loving learning British vocab and spelling. I also learn more the differences between France and the rest of Europe. Sometimes I assume that France is Europe, but it's the bubble effect. For example, Patrick, the TEFL trainee from Ireland reminded me that France is unique for closing all stores on Sundays. I asked him, "Doesn't that happen in Ireland?" He replied, "Ireland is the 51st state of the U.S. We are so Americanized!"
On Sunday, I went to the pool (piscine) with João, which was nice because we got automatically a student discount for 1,60 euro each. It was my first time going to the pool in France, so I was loving it, despite João saying that the pools in Portugal are more interesting. This one had no slides, but it was really pleasant to go to escape the humid weather. I can only imagine what the French pools are like in Nice!
Evening walks by the river are a
good way to relax after a busy day
Pool in Toulouse
No comments:
Post a Comment