Redon was better than I thought it would be. It has a single bell tower, a beautiful eglise, and nice shops in la centre ville. Luckily I didn't get caught in a rainy downpour. I spoke with the merchant in a paperie shop in French. He asked me pleasantly who the gifts were for, and I replied, "Pour mes amies qui habitent en les Étas-Unis." I also mentioned I was American visiting here, but I prefer speaking in French. I also thoroughly enjoyed visiting the interior of l'eglise de St. Saveur. I was speechless when I entered alone. Everything was majestic and silent, but in a way I felt like I was being watched. Maybe that's what happens when you pass by many saint statues and a giant life-size crucifix of Jesus. At the same time I found it very humbling to be surrounded by such incredible history and architecture.
The bell tower
L'eglise de St. Saveur


No comments:
Post a Comment