Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 7, 2014

I walked a ton today, especially on my solo visit to Rennes. I am very happy that my solo adventures in a bustling city were successful. I enjoyed that people only spoke French with me and I got to use a French map to navigate around the city. I got lost a few times, but I never had to ask for help. I finally found the train station by myself. Now my legs are sore from walking on the cobblestone streets. There are so many cathedrals in Rennes and I absolutely love the gothic style architecture.

Some of the cool sights I saw in Rennes: 
 L'hôtel de Rennes

 La Palais du Justice de Bretagne. 

 La maison d'opèra

 Une eglise en Rennes 

L'eglise de St. Anne

I also love that I can shop, or order food in French successfully even though I don't always understand every single spoken word. I also want to buy more French books here since they are so difficult and expensive to find in the U.S. I also bought the book Sarah's Key (Elle s'appelait Sarah) in French, which has made me want to learn more about WWII history. Jeanne and I discussed it a little as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment