Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 9, 2014

I really love taking the train here and watching the beautiful countryside pass by. Today I took the train to St. Malo, but when I got off I wasn't sure where to go because I would have to take the bus to other areas in St. Malo. Since I had already visited St. Vincent during my last visit, I got off the bus at Mairie. I did a little bit of shopping, but the whole time I was anxious that I would miss my train at 17h20. On the other hand, I came across La Chapelle de St. Louis tucked away in la rue. No one was there except for me. I felt a wave of calm envelop me immediately. I find a lot of comfort in sacred spaces as calm spaces for prayer and meditation. I appreciate that France has a lot of religious spaces (predominantly Catholic), which are for the most part easily accessible. I also was able to find the right bus with a little help and I was able to catch my train on time. Communication even in French never hurts.

La bibliothèque de St. Malo 

No comments:

Post a Comment