Afterward, Louisa and I explored Dinan together where she goes to school. Her friends Julian, Alice, and Cèline were so nice and gave me a little tour of a few of the cathedrals. They also showed me an incredible view of Dinan! They were curious to know how the U.S. is different and I explained that our architecture is very modern. The more I spoke with them in French, the more I felt at ease with the language. I enjoyed shopping with Louisa and tried my first beignet at a pastry shop. It was messy! Louisa's high school is Catholic and everyone sleeps in the dorms there. They also have a really cool courtyard study area where we hung out for a bit. She was so nice to wait for the bus with me for a little bit. I am very grateful to have her as a friend. I returned home to Châteaubourg that evening with a renewed sense of confidence.
Louisa in front of her high school's cathedral


No comments:
Post a Comment