I slept in til 13h (1:00 am on military time). Genviève woke me up like old times, but she doesn't speak as rapidly in French as she did on my last visit in 2011. I missed out on le petit dèjeuner, so I got to have French hamburgers (homemade), fries, and some red wine. Later I went for a walk with Gustave and his friend Etienne in the forest where I saw La Chapelle de St. Anne. It looks so small, mystic, and medieval.
Leave it to Gustave to drag me and Etienne through a muddy trail by a river. I really felt like I was in the heart of France, la campagne, the hidden treasures of France. Later I went with the Bouchacourt famille to church at une eglise dedicated to Mary. I always feel immersed in Catholic culture whenever I go with them, like I did on my last visit. I prefer this service: it was short, meditative, and I love singing the Psalms in French. A lot of my French is coming back, but I am still adjusting to the different meal times and the time difference in general. I'm also really beginning to enjoy French keyboards.

No comments:
Post a Comment