I have forgotten some of my French, but it's quickly coming back. I am very proud of myself today. I went through so many things that were outside of my comfort zone: taking the train from Paris to Rennes alone, asking questions in French, and talking to Blandine over the phone in French. When I arrived in Rennes it really hit me that I was alone in a foreign country. Now I realize how easy it is to take the train from Paris to Nantes, so after this trip, if I have a chance to go study abroad there, I will feel way less anxious.
The train station of Rennes, which I got to know very well.
For the first evening with my host family we ate in the salon with hors d'oeuvres! Very French! After we had quite a dinner of crab and oysters and rich desserts, meringe and cannelé. It's hard not to each too much here. The food is too good!


No comments:
Post a Comment