This morning I visited one of my favorite places in Nantes, la Marché de Talensac, one of the best places to visit on the
weekends when so many places are closed. It's just like Pikes Place with its own food market on the inside and outside along with an antique, book, and clothing market. I found the French translated version of
The Kite Runner for only 4 euros, so I look forward to reading it. This is where I do my cheap French book shopping. I basically had my lunch of the day trying different samples of meat. Plus I ended up buying a Spanish spread for bread called marcillo, which Christine told me a
fter I bought it that it contains pigs blood. Well...that definitely was an adventurous move, although it had tasted really good when I had tried it as a sample. I would have been mortified if I had accidentally bought horse meat and at least that didn't happen. Whew! I also enjoyed a delicious lunch of paella, a Spanish seafood rice dish. Sometimes it feels good to have a break from French food!
Seen at the antiques market
Victoria and I did some sightseeing together later that day, including viewing the outside of the hospital St. Jacques. The hospital's design was very impressive, very much like an old estate. It's definitely one of the biggest used up spaces I've seen in France since mostly architecture is always on a smaller scale in general.
A church near the hospital
The fancy hospital St. Jacques
We also celebrated Melissa's birthday later that day with pastries and we enjoyed buying her a nice chocolate cake. The pastries really are the best here and it was the perfect occasion to celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment