The elephant
Christine and Nathan riding the carousel
On my way to work from the La Machine de L'île, I arrived at the most beautiful neighborhood. The 12 acres Parc de Procé is one of the loveliest in Nantes with plenty of statues, a gazebo, and a secluded forest. I will definitely be coming back! The parks here have certainly become some of my favorite places in Nantes.
In Villa Jeanette, there is this impressive house in the style neo-gothic in the symbol of medieval freedom paired with the classical structural style. It's certainly very elegant.
Le Kiosque Piou
I especially loved the statues overlooking the park. 4 statues frame a certain side of the park near le Kiosque Piou.These statues originated from the museum, Trocadéro in Paris. These romantic, allegorical statues symbolize, according to my guidebook, man's need to be surrounded by nature, because one cannot live without it. These three statues below represent the Ocean, the lake Grandlieu, la Logne and la Boulogne. The fourth statue disappeared at the same time the place was destroyed in 1940.
Today we as an IES group visited the town Clisson, which has very Roman Italian architecture, makes me think of Florence. The park was so lovely and I enjoyed visiting the castle ruins.
French coffee is so good!! Can't wait to try Moroccan coffee and tea!
I love the Roman architecture of this church!
The castle ruins and view of Clisson from the ruins.
I love these ladies!!
Later we visited a vineyard, which made me wish Mimi & Grandpop were here with me to enjoy it and so that I could translate for them the words of our French guide. We enjoyed tasting three different types of wine from the region. It was quite the treat!
No comments:
Post a Comment