Saturday, October 11, 2014

October 9, 2014

I feel so much more relaxed in France. It's a little unnerving, because my mind searches for things to stress, or worry about. I have to tell myself, nope, there's no need for that, take everything one step at a time. I visited the mall of Nantes with Claudia, Victoria, Christine, and Caroline. It was exhausting being around so many people, but the malls in France are so clean and elegant; it's impressive. I had no desire to buy anything, so we only did a little window shopping for a little bit. Later, we celebrated Christine's twentieth birthday with chocolate mousse meringues. There is a pastry shop not too far from IES, very popular, inexpensive and most of all delicious. It was a nice light desert to celebrate. I'm happy she had a good time celebrating her birthday.

I bought a small, cheap French recipe book as I have become more enthusiastic about cooking. There is inspiration everywhere. I can't wait to do some more cooking again with Victoria. It's really nice having good, long, relaxing conversations with IES friends. Often the weeks are a little crazy going to and from class that the weekends are perfect for going out in town. The Quartier de Bouffay has become one of my favorite areas to visit in Nantes, lots of cool restaurants, a gorgeous church, St. Croix, and it being the older area in Nantes. Claudia, Victoria, and me enjoyed a nice inexpensive dinner at a Thai restaurant in Bouffay. In France it seems a day without bread is a day not worth living. Sometimes we need days to just avoid bread and instead enjoy, rice, curry, vegetables, or pasta, just a break from French food. Fortunately, we have been walking everywhere a lot, so that makes me feel better in general.

 Christine & Victoria with our hot chocolate at Tablo Gourmand 

 My delicious pear chocolate cake for desert

 The French equivalent to a Jamba juice

 Fancy and clean mall 

 The castle-like architecture for the school of art in Bouffay. 

 A view of Bouffay with St. Croix in the distance 

Enjoying our chocolate mousse meringues: Claudia & Christine 





No comments:

Post a Comment