Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27, 2014

The apartment is too quiet without my host family. First week having the place to myself was great. This second week, I can feel the effects of not being more immersed in French, less opportunity to speak it here. Fortunately, half an hour before my history/religion of Nantes exam today, Tiphaine was open to helping me study for it. I felt better reciting my notes to her in French and when I took the exam, I remembered a lot of the information. So whenever I feel the need to speak to someone in French, Tiphaine is my go to person at the center. I hope to keep in touch with her after my time here.

I had fun making scrambled eggs again this evening for dinner. Anything egg ingredient related like French toast and the like is becoming a serious comfort food. I still miss my dad's breakfasts. I enjoy hanging out with Emiliana as well. I can talk to her about why I love visiting Catholic sites like Lourdes because she has experienced Catholic education as well. I think it makes for a kind of comradery and understanding. I keep a lot about my Lourdes trip to myself and not a lot of the other students at IES know about the town since it's certainly off the beaten path, a gathering for pilgrims, not tourists. That I will find refreshing.


No comments:

Post a Comment