Wednesday, October 29, 2014

October 28, 2014

Finally after some fustration, I think I have finally mastered a French washing machine. The one my host family uses acts as both a washer and a dryer. I also was running low on supplies, like some makeup, so I was able to avoid expensive American brands here and find a not so expensive one from England. I also think I have become a bit better at using a French keyboard as well. 

Being abroad has made me realize how close I am to my family. For example, there are so many places I would love to visit in Europe, even for a solo trip, but it wouldn't be the same without them. I'd love to visit Galway in Ireland, but I couldn't imagine visiting an amazing site like Giant's Causeway without my dad, or visiting castles without my mom, or visiting Poland or a French vineyard without either of my grandparents on both sides. You can have all these amazing opportunities, but it isn't the same if you don't have someone to share it with. I love a balance of solo and small group trips, but it's still not the same without my family. 

Looking forward to taking the train to Lourdes tomorrow. New surroundings will do me some good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment