Saturday, November 15, 2014

November 15, 2014

It's been a little bit of an adjustment being back from Morocco what with the weather changing here for the winter and suddenly things getting busier. I'm completely burned out on French food: no more crepes for now, or baguettes. So instead I enjoy buying inexpensive paella from the Talensac market, another favorite place I love visiting on weekends. I miss Moroccan tea and the cuisine, so celebrating this evening Victoria's twenty-first birthday at an Indian restaurant in Bouffay was the way to go! Plus I tried tiramisu for the first time, which was rich and delicious. I love going out to dinner with Claudia and Victoria in Bouffay for special occasions. It's such a great place to spend a Saturday night.

Theater practice has been a welcome distraction. I think we naturally hit that point where we ask ourselves, "What am I doing here?" "What's the point?" So, I've had to remind myself I can still feel at home here, even though being away from my family during Christmas is going to be hard. Fortunately I'm looking forward to spending quality time with my auntie.

I'm thinking taking classes at the university will help offer new challenges and perspective. Staying active and keeping busy will help too, because sometimes I feel like I don't have enough to do. Fortunately things are getting a little bit busier, so that helps. Tutoring English for my students brings me a lot of joy and laughs. I always love being around children and find it  veryrewarding (most of the time).

Here are some more photos from our Morocco trip to share:







No comments:

Post a Comment