I think I'm a little burned out on French food
in terms of baguette sandwiches and crêpes. When Azelia, Morgan, and I arrived
at the Paris train station, we were desperately hungry and bought the first
baguette sandwiches we could find. And Azelia said, "Welcome back to
France." I miss the Moroccan cuisine so much! Tea and dates are so good
together! (Although sesame cakes are tasty too!) Can't wait to try more of
the Spanish cuisine too! Love me some paella and chorizo. Shopping at the Marché Talensac is one of my favorite things to do on weekends.
Azelia and I visited it for a field study, but it was impossible to focus. All
I could think was buying delicious paella!
France has just turned me into such a foodie. I'm all sudden into recipe searching and cooking whenever I can. After time in Morocco, I'm obsessed with dates; they're so good and healthy and make for a great snack too! Now I understand why my friend Tarik loves them, considering he's from Morocco. I look forward to sharing recipes with my family and cooking more over the summer too. I would love to make more meals for my family; that would be delightful!
This is one of the pleasures and rewards of spending time abroad: being exposed to so many different cuisines and finding so much inspiration for future recipes. Unfortunately it also continues to make me disappointed in the American food system and how expensive it can be to buy local foods. I would know, having lived near "Whole Wallet" "Whole Paycheck" or Whole Foods.
Oh man, I'm probably going to be such a food snob when I come back.
I also found this really interesting food blog where the author talks about the history behind people's favorite recipes. She did a good article on the origins and importance of dates as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment