Lot of mixed feelings today on Thanksgiving. Of course I miss my family, being at the table with them. Just in a very reflective mood throughout the day. I told Karine how much I feel more reserved in France, whereas in the U.S. I feel more outgoing, bubbly. She assured me it's just the change in societies and adjusting, which is true. I am balancing two worlds, neither I feel fully a part of at this point in my life, French and American culture. I'm definitely somewhere in between.
So, I am grateful as well for friends like Victoria who are always there to give me hugs when I need it, to the beautiful fall colors by the river, walking in the parks in the afternoon, getting to know people, my nice host family, that time abroad continues to be a humbling and eye opening experience.
Can't wait to leave for Poitiers early tomorrow!!
Thanksgiving dinner with IES
No comments:
Post a Comment