Tuesday, November 18, 2014

November 19, 2014

Nothing like practicing my theater lines, but in Shakespearean with a French translation! It requires me to speak slowly in a kind of rhythmic fashion and to enunciate as much as possible, not to mention it's just a short monologue from Romeo and Juliet. No pressure at all, but it's fun playing the character Juliet in a play our professor wrote that's about famous imaginary characters stuck in a world where imagination and art is forbidden. I get to be sad a lot for my part because I lost my Romeo and I'm looking forward to wearing my nice, teal lace dress for the performance. Juliet in modern day; I love this Shakespeare play, but the best adaptions I've seen of it have always been onstage, not onscreen. I loved seeing it as my first Shakespeare play set in black and white modern day and then recently set in 1840's Alta-California (but they should have inserted Zorro into that one too). It's definitely a challenge reciting the lines clearly and projecting them in French, but I'm learning as always to be patient with my efforts and not ever take myself too seriously. That would be unhealthy, plus Lindsey, who's playing Tinker Bell and a police officer is always there to make us all laugh. I love that girl! She brings a lot of positive energy to the group. I'm glad she'll be with IES for a year as well.

I attended a lovely concert where my host sister's choir performed. It was set in a very old chapel and the acoustics were amazing, especially at the ending piece, when the choirs made a grand circle around the alter space, heavenly! I hope to attend more concerts soon. I feel so comfortable and at ease in those spaces and the music takes me somewhere else.

I found a really great recipe combining chorizo and kale as a stir fry. It makes for a delicious brunch and I'm grateful my host mom lets me cook a little in the evenings to prepare lunch for the next day. I'd be miserable if I wasn't allowed to do any kind of cooking at all. It's becoming a new passion and hobby. Here is a link to the recipe I found for it. It's delicious:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chorizo-kale-hash-fried-egg






No comments:

Post a Comment