Wednesday, November 5, 2014

November 5, 2014

Nothing like free bread samples outside the boulangerie near where I live, even bread with chocolate chips, plenty of delicious choices. The lady was so generous that she even gave me two small loaves for free and another to a passing cute guy who was delighted. Certainly a nice way to start the morning.

I am so stoked for my trip to Morocco and having a chance to spend time with Morgan and Azelia. It will be a fun adventure for us. I feel way less homesick, more at home here after my time in Lourdes. In Lourdes I felt very much myself, a free wanderer and I still do. I still think of my family often of course, but I am very settled here and content. I cannot to see my dad in January.

I loved talking to Tiphaine about Lourdes since she's visited there many times since she was a child. She understands, being Catholic herself and offered me two Catholic groups I could visit with in Nantes for discussion. Perhaps I shall attend one with her sometime. We share plenty of laughs together.

My host mom is letting me borrow a huge autobiographical book of my favorite pope, John Paul II. "Then you'll have all year to read it," she said. Not to mention I still have Nelson Mandela's autobiography to work on too. So much good stuff to read and to keep myself from buying more books here, borrowing books from my host mom is best. We have similar reading tastes, or she's offered to find cheap books for me, which is very generous. I already have plenty of reading material for now to last me for a while. The Catholic bookstore across from my hotel in Lourdes was definitely meant for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment