I did not feel well at all this morning: bad stomach. Sophie helped take me to the train station where I went from there to Paris-Montparnesse. This train station is grand and intimidating at first; a lot of Paris is so. I had trouble getting through the ticket machine doors with two suitcases, but a passing gentleman was kind enough to help me. I'm feeling a little better on the train from Paris-Montparnesse to Rennes, a train station I became very familiar with on my last visit. The ride was relaxing with free water and snacks. I saw plenty of wind turbines passing by, but not as many in large groups like in Eastern Oregon. I've always and continue to find the French polite and patient in general. I told this to Sophie's family at dinner because it has been a reflection of my good experiences in this country.
I take after Grandpop when it comes to trains; I savor riding the trains in France: everything is very organized and punctual. I tried to explain to Sophie what the trains are like in Portland. I told her the public transport have names like MAX and BART for San Francisco. She found those names very amusing.
Being immersed in a second language is like being thrown into the deep end of the ocean, trying to get your sea legs so you can learn to float, not sink, and eventually to swim.
An evening with the Bouchacourt family.
No comments:
Post a Comment