We treated ourselves to chocolate caramel buerre salé at the historic Confiserie-Chocolaterie Gautier-Débotte near La Paysage. It is very elegant with a chandelier and many different chocolates to choose from: too many! The rich interior decor dates back to 1860, very elegant indeed. Victoria then gave me a tutorial of using a French bus in Nantes. I had only used one once during my last visit and I needed more practice. Of course, it was easy, but I wanted to take a friend with me, since I've been using only the tram since I've been here. It's crazy it's almost been a month!
Our bus trip took us to a calmer quarter of Nantes, more residential and to the largest park in Nantes, Parc du Grand-Blotterau. It spans 37 acres, with plenty of tropical plants, a Korean pavillion, and a château, which was converted into at different times into a school, military hospital, and even a daycare. Yes, I am a guidebook nerd.
Photos of Grand-Blossereau
We bought delicious gelato in the shape of flowers!!
Yesterday, the IES activity was a boat ride along the River L'Erdre and I was the first to drive the boat, which was really fun! When we were preparing to get in the boat, I joked to Audrey with the Titanic reference, "Get in the boat, Rose, get in the boat!" She was excited to say that her cousin had met Billy Zane who played Cal in the film. Small world. So, of course, Carrine insisted I do the Titanic flying pose with Alberto, since he was the only guy on our boat. Classic.
Last photo credit to Kari.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment