This is the low phase in study abroad: I have been in France for ten days now, and sooner, or later, my mood will bounce back. The opportunity to take classes at the University of Nantes will be a fantastic challenge. It will completely throw me out of my comfort zone and will offer a chance to meet other French students.
I miss the vegetarian food options in Portland, the compost bins, and of course, the rain. It should rain hopefully soon in Nantes, but I'll probably regret wishing for it later. Rain is comfort for me, not this constant humidity, which none of us were expecting, especially in September. It's strange the things one misses of home, the things that are so easily taken for granted.
After orientation, I had the opportunity to go grocery shopping with fellow student, Melissa. It lifted my spirits just to be one-on-one with another student, speak the majority of the time in French, and make each other laugh. We even were excited to hear Disney in French playing at the supermarché! I was sad I couldn't find any kale, comfort food, but I was able to find a few other options to make a nice salad. I mean, I can't eat baguette sandwiches everyday for lunch, no matter how good they are! There are way too many temptations to eat too much carbs and dairy here-why? They're so ridiculously good!
No comments:
Post a Comment