Le Pilleux was a quieter area of Nantes, and I love that the guide book offers destinations off the beaten path. I took some more pictures of the charming, quiet town.
On the way back as I was taking the train to the stop Gare SCNF, I glimpsed the Cathedral Notre Dame de Bon Port and spontaneously got off instead at Chantiers-Naval. It had a design very similar to a Roman basilica, a dome and circular columns, very different from the gothic style I have been more surrounded with. It definitely felt like being in Rome all over again.
I met up with the IES group at Le Jardin des Plantes for a visit. I didn't stay long, having spent a lot of time there before, but as always, it was nice to see everyone. Christine and I left to do some exploring near the park of the church and cemetery.
Kari always takes such great photos!
Christine and I visited the interior of Saint Clément, which I had visited before, but it was just as well to see it again, due to the guide book mentioning the grand organ surrounding the alter. We also visited the Cemetière de Bouteillerie, which interestingly enough, had graves for the religious Ursulan sisters, an order found by St. Ursula. I feel like all this Catholic trivia is suddenly all coming back to me. Later, I was so hungry, we stopped at Subway, yes that's right. I was desperate enough for subway and the guy there was really helpful in case there were things I didn't understand that he said. Plus I got a discount with my student university card. So yes, I save Subway for food emergencies when on the move.

No comments:
Post a Comment