Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 16, 2014

A three hour French theater class seemed to do the trick today. I laughed harder than I had in weeks and sang for the first time aloud in a while as well. Theater can be so liberating, because it never fails to put me out of my comfort zone. That's what I love about it. It brings out so much creativity and emotions, whether I find myself writing a play, or acting in one. I've always found improvisation fun, yet sometimes difficult, and it was quite the twist doing this activity in French. What if I mess up my French through me and my partner Megan's spontaneous dialogue? No matter; I tapped into my default: playing an elderly, quirky woman, this time a French one, which was a blast! I just pretended to forget things, to bump into things, all the time rambling on to my doctor, Megan in French. I felt so much tension from the past weeks being released. I could not stop laughing, or hiccuping, to the point where a member of IES staff, Beatrice, joked about my hiccups in French. My theater professor is very funny, especially because he finds my friend, Piper's name almost impossible to pronounce. I know French theater will be a good outlet for me.

Photos taken by Kari from this past weekend at the carnival 



No comments:

Post a Comment