Sunday, September 14, 2014

September 14, 2014

I enjoyed a nice run today along the river L'Erdre. It's a beautiful route with a forest park and plenty of room for running, very peaceful. I look forward to exploring it more. On Sundays, many stores are closed and I need to get used to this and make sure I have enough food for Sunday, or I can make dinner for myself, because I'm on my own for food on weekends. However, there are plenty of options.  
  
I went with an IES group to Tour de Bretagne where there is a great view of Nantes, a panoramique. It reminded me a lot of the Eiffel Tower, but chic in its own unique way. There's a cute café with seats and tables shaped like birds eggs. It was charming. I enjoyed sharing a group conversation with Nicholas, a friend of Tiphaine and Carrine, our profs. He was flirty, outgoing, very European in his humor and directness. He especially like the strong Cleveland accent of Caroline and talked to her most of the time. She made him laugh a lot. I'm becoming over time more used to European directness. If you want an honest answer you'll get it. There's also no need to take things personally, especially if they find your American accent funny. It's just as hilarious when Nicholas tried to pronounce certain English words like "squirrel" and "awesome." That was certainly amusing as well.

 
 Claudia and Victoria 

 Claudia, Christine, Victoria, and Azelia

 A view of Nantes from the Tour de Bretagne 


No comments:

Post a Comment