So relieved to be done with exams, but now the only thing I have left to do is pack for Italy and my other trips before my dad arrives after. So relieved to be done, but really missing my family right now. I've also realized that may be best to change host families and not deny that maybe I could be happier with another one, another perspective, environment, and experience. And honestly, I'm not going to lie, it's hard with a teenager, so props to my parents for putting up with my brother and I when were in our teens. You think you know everything, but you don't. I think admitting that I could be happier was a step, because I've realized I've been in denial and making experiences about my home situation in France. I get along with them fine, but a different experience for next semester might do me some good. I can't help feeling envious when I hear other IES students talk about how close they are with their host families. It makes me miss the Bouchacourts even more. I miss that feeling of being at home with another family outside of my own.
This semester has been very up and down in a variety of ways, plenty of learning experiences and realizing continually what lifestyle I want to live and learning how to live well and healthy in France. It's been a good challenge, but I really am looking forward to the change next semester in classes, weather, hopefully host families, and of course it will be fun to make new friends. I'm really grateful for the ones I've already made.
Sugar Blue Cafe has been the perfect place for studying,
reminds me of a lovely restaurant on Alberta
Christmas Market
Croque au camembert, so delicious!
My last time hanging out with Morgan, with her friend Noam
No comments:
Post a Comment