Monday, December 22, 2014

December 22, 2014 (continued)

This morning I took a long visit to the château d'Angers and it's definitely one of the most impressive French castles I've visited in terms of size as a fortress. I got plenty of walking in, exploring the ramparts with an audio tour. I'm really looking forward to visiting more castles with my mom. I miss her presence whenever I visit one, since I know she loves them just as much. The castle has definitely been my favorite part of visiting Angers.




 Old Angers






I've also become less offended when people choose to speak to me in English here. Standing out in any form is inevitable abroad, even with one's foreign accent. I especially learned this during my short time in Morocco being pushed out of my comfort zone and accepting the unfamiliar. I had spent so much time in France that I had become so comfortable with my environment and visiting a country in the periphery for the first time was incredibly eye opening. Morocco was a very humbling experience on so many levels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment