All our hard work and long class hours have finally paid off. We performed our French theatrical piece last night for IES students, staff, and host families and it all went really well. I will always love live theater, whether watching as a spectator, or playing a part. I loved going from laughing to crying onstage, reciting Shakespeare in French, dressed as a modern Juliet, watching Morgan dance as Brigitte Bardot and act as Marilyn Monroe, getting to know Megan more who played a mechanical music box ballerina, Lindsay cross the stage gracefully dressed a sweet and jealous Tinkerbell, singing a French poem with Nicole, and John Lennon's "Imagination" with Clare Lauer. It was a memorable evening, despite many of us being sick, we pulled through. It was nice to talk with Victoria, Claudia, and Emiliana after the show as well.
I am ready for the Christmas break, just waiting, studying for my exams, gradually getting better after being sick for a while. Exams shall pass soon and then I'll be off on my own in France until Florence and a little bit after Italy too until my dad arrives. Can't wait to do some more solo traveling! France is the perfect place for it and a country I feel so comfortable in; it's nice to have another place that feels like home outside the U.S. Looking forward to a night out with friends before they leave later this December. It's been a good time!
Nantes all ready for Christmas
No comments:
Post a Comment